Dorrington is a Mess

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Dorrington is a Mess

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    dansotelojr
    Participant

Good morning to all. We are on upper end of Jug Handle, wondering how the situation is there? Any update would be appreciated! Had quite a mess last year, with several topped trees. Hopefully not as bad, thank you and stay safe.

RHYuroc
    Participant

Thanks to Sandi and a neighbor I now have a good reading on the situation at my place on Yuroc. Some problems but not major. Thanks.

kenshawnewby
    Participant

Joe,
    I just got a chance to look at the pics you sent. Thanks so much for this. It looks like a lot of the snow on the side opposite of where the electrical line attaches was disturbed and wondering if you could tell if any of the trees actually hit that side. Trying to get up there ASAP but stuck in the bay trying to coordinate things at work during the shutdown. You were right, I have quite a mess.

jsenteno
    Participant

I also live close to Sierra Parkway and Shoshone and as of today my power was on but no Comcast. Now as of 8pm my Comcast is back on! It has been a long 8 days but all is good

gagacabin
    Participant

Horray, the cameras are up and running again. When I called Comcast this morning for tech support, the recording told me that Comcast was in my area fixing problems.
    I am in the 3000 block of Shoshone.

lostbruce
    Participant
    kenshawnewby
    Participant

Called PG&E today and logged a ticket with them letting them know that the power line to my property might be damaged. They said that they’d check the line during power restoration to see if there was any damage to the line where it meets the house. Also, they’d call me back to let me know if everything was ok. I’ll update this thread as soon as I hear back.

gagacabin
    Participant

I have an updated email from PG & E. 75 customers are without power, they are still working to solve the problem, no estimated time.
    About alerts, I get an emergency alert on my iWatch, iPhone, plus, the emails.
    I really like the one on my iWatch,(for emergency alerts) as it does a little vibrating thing to alert me to check, it keeps vibrating until I click on it.

kenshawnewby
    Participant

I’ll call an electrician to take a look. Thanks again.

RHYuroc
    Participant

I have a place on Yuroc near Choctaw. We are here in Paso Robles sheltering as we are in our 70’s. Is anyone near there?

Will probably have Sandi go by and check the place later…

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Looking more closely, it appears the conduit might be ok but the wires may have been pulled on. Best to have electrician have a look ASAP

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Just heard that electrical damage at homes has to be fixed before power restoration. I cannot confirm this directly.

kenshawnewby
    Participant

Thank you so much for taking a look, much appreciated. Stay safe.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Kenshawnewby a couple treetops came down. Missed house but one hit your powerline and damaged where it attaches to the house. The powerline is drooping lower than normal. I could not see any other damage but you have a mess to deal with in front.
    I tried to send email with pictures but don’t know if it went through.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

I’ll walk down and have a look later today if possible.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.