Unsafe road conditions in Big Trees

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Unsafe road conditions in Big Trees

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kenshawnewby
    Participant

That’s good to hear. Thanks for checking.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

The big blow just went by our place on Kenshaw a little bit ago so I’m guessing the’ve plowed it all by now.
    joe

kenshawnewby
    Participant

Thanks, Joe!

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

When I came up Boards Crossing to Kenshaw at about 1:30 PM it was an unplowed slushy mess. Even with 4wd, new snow tires and weight in the back of my truck it was squirrely. It looked to me like none of Kenshaw had been plowed other than where driveway plows had cleared off parts of the road.
    I’ll be going out again after a while and will report back.
    joe

kenshawnewby
    Participant

Any update on the roads. I have some guests coming up tonight before my arrival and want to give them a heads up if the roads are really bad. Wondering about Boards crossing and Kenshaw Wy. Thanks.

mtndad
    Participant

Reply from Public Works:

Good morning Mr. ,

I have corresponded this morning with the Road Crew Foreman in the Arnold area. 2 snow plows arrived in Big Trees first thing this morning. There were trees down on the roadways in Arnold that had to be cleared by the other road crew members prior to heading up to Big Trees Subdivision.

Additional snow plows are in the area now.

Thank you,
    Brenda Johnson
    Public Works Analyst I
    Calaveras County
    Department of Public Works
    891 Mountain Ranch Road
    San Andreas, CA 95249
    (209) 754-6402 Office
    (209) 754-6664 Fax
    bjohnson@co.calaveras.ca.us

mtndad
    Participant

I’m sure you noticed that as of 9:00AM our roads were not plowed. Where I am the snow was =/- 10 inches deep and slush.

I complained to Mr. Oliveria and the Snow Plow crew.

Here are the email addresses:

mcoliveira@co.calaveras.ca.us
    snowplower@co.calaveras.ca.us

Maybe if we all complain, something will get done.

“Friday 1/15/2016

Over 10 inches snow on roads (Boards Crossing, Snowshoe Thompson and Kohota Lane) in Big Trees Sub Division!

7:00AM no plows, Deep ruts and slush to get to the highway. Dangerous and difficult even in 4 wheel.

Let’s get the county road department to start at 6:00 AM so we can get to work and school.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.