Tree Removal – cost/who?

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Tree Removal – cost/who?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SnowShoe
    Participant

We used A-1 Tree service to remove several trees. You have probably passed them on the north side of Hwy 4 near Angels Camp. They were quick, professional, clean, and reasonably priced. 209-736-6786 or http://a-1treeserviceinc.com/

Rooster
    Participant

Hello,
    I just wanted to leave a name and number for stump grinding. The name is Adam Snider Stump Grinding
    209 768-1962. Adam gives free estimates also.

allen
    Participant

Very few people get a permit. In fact I don’t know anyone that has gotten a permit. I’ve cut down several trees over 10″ diameter in the last 20 years. I think the intent was to prevent people from clearcutting their lots. I read the CC&Rs when we first bought our cabin and noticed that too.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by allen.
    cougre
    Participant

We recently moved from one side of BTV to a larger place on the other side, and we’re looking to bring down a couple of big cedars. I was surprised to find in the BTV CC&Rs that you need permission to bring down a live tree that is larger than 10″ in diameter.

Does anybody really do that, or is that just an old rule? Somebody else told me that you technically need to have a permit to bring down a big tree. Is that really the case? Do I really need to go through all the red tape, or do I not sweat it and just have them cut down?

ebaker
    Participant

For reference, last summer I had Paul Mandt take down a dead 70′ sugar pine, which was about 15 feet from our cabin. Skinned, cut into rounds (put where I wanted), cleanup, and debris hauled away. Took him about 1.5 hours. $140.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by ebaker.
    David4305
    Participant

Depends upon several variables: where the tree is located, whether there is an easy place to drop it, and whether there is some salvage value. 18″ trees are probably about 75′ high which is no big deal for tree guys (unless it is leaning over your cabin or power lines. Probably no salvage value but you can save money if you keep the rounds rather than making them drag haul them off. Rough guess: 2 trees x $400 = $800.

tortuga
    Participant

Thanks for the refs, I’ll call them this week.

Anyone care to share a ballpark cost? are we looking at $200 or $1000? I realize there are lots of variables in the job and I’ll soon hear from the contractors, but I’m wondering what is the price range for lopping off some trees so my poor heart isn’t shocked.

Kuma
    Participant

If it may fall and take out a PG&E line they will take it out at no cost to you. I had a dead pine removed by them and ended up with 2+ cords of fire wood for free

rswheeler1
    Participant

You might try Kevin Alley, 795-2242.

mtndad
    Participant

Dave Finn
    PO Box 4283
    Camp Connell CA 95223

795-7649

tortuga
    Participant

We have a double trunked pine tree that we’re thinking needs to be removed, each trunk is 18inch diameter or so. Who do we call to bid the job? What’s the ballpark we should expect for this work?

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.