Today’s power outage

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Today’s power outage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mtndad
    Participant

Power restored, 4:30pm today, 1/18, Kohota Lane and Norwich Court.

Out since Monday Night

We just went out to do some one shots around 9am. Power is out on El Camino Bootstrap. We called all our one shots on that road and let them know power may be out before they come up. Yesterday a tree went through a house on Murrietas Roost too.

caleach
    Participant

I was getting nowhere with PG&E or Comcast. First PG&E was reporting no outages but initiated a ticket anyway.
    They after two attempts wa able get The ought to someone at Comcast who said they would send a signal to the modem (non Comcast modem)
    I checked back a little later and it seemed to be working but will not know if it was PG&E or Comcast. The inability to actually talk to a person at either company makes me want to throw my phone at the wall.
    Automated phone menues are no help.
    Both com companies have a long way to go to improve customer service.

ragmor
    Participant

Last night on Crow court a little after midnight the GFIs in our Master Bath started cackling. Got up and some circuits were out, some seemed ok and some were under voltage. Slight scent of burning so we decided to bail and go home. Shut main breaker off to prevent any further damage.
    On Crow Drive saw some downed power lines on right side of road so avoided them and went forward. Then there was a big tree downed across the road with more power lines down. Could not go forward and not safe enough to back out. Called 911 and Fire Dept, CHP and PG&E responded. Took about 1.5 hours but PG&E shut off the lines (some were still live. PG&E said good thing we stayed in car.) , cut the hanging power lines off and laid them down and made it safe to back out. We got out another way and drove home. Did not get home in Oakley until after 5 AM. Thanks to Fire Dept who kept us comfortable until PG&E made it safe. thanks to PG&E for responding promptly. we had our autistic son in car and were worried he might try to get out of car. PG&E didn’t know offhand how power grid was laid out so I am wondering if Power is restored on Crow Drive, Crow Ct, Big trees Circle, Piute C

caleach
    Participant

Does anyone know how wide spread the current outrage is and any estimates on when it might be repaired? Is it snow or wind related, or both?
    Thanks
    Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.