Telephone

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Telephone

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    caleach
    Participant

We are actually thinking of ditching the AT&T landline and adding a cell phone to our family package sine we have a microcell there. I know there’s always the issue of power failures but for the amount of time we spend there I am not sure the landline is woth keeping. Any thoughts from others?
    Steve

Skip
    Participant

AT T tech called us back ans said he found a problem behind the Dorrington hotel.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Skip.
    K6OAK
    Participant

We have Comcast internet (25 mbps) and a Roku which works fine with it. My wife listens to IHeartRadio and it works fine as well. Since our ATT cell doesn’t work in Arnold, we do have the old fashion landline as well. Hope this helps.

tatonka
    Participant

Somewhat along this line. What has been anyone’s experience with AT&T/sbc Internet?Any success using apple tv or streaming radio or music? I am definitely dumping Comcast tv, but am unsure if I have a viable Internet option.

bjh
    Participant

We have had a couple of phone outages in the past and its a pain. They will say its good up to the house when its not. You may have to really keep after them. I got an old touch tone phone that can be wired to the outside box to test it. It never worked when they said it should. It was always their problem somewhere in the neighborhood.

caleach
    Participant

I called a set up a trouble ticket but they don’t guarantee it will be fixed until Tuesday.

sspmoose
    Participant

My ATT land line did exactly as you describe when I was up after Christmas. They will make you check for a dial tone with a old fashioned phone at the main entry point before they let you schedule a service call so you might as well do that prior to calling them. They said they would fix it this week and it seems they have since my answering machine now picks up.

carlshome
    Participant

Since you only have internet, no land line phone, you are at the mercy of Comcast and the weather. Comcast is less stable than an ATT land line. My experience over the last 15 years is that the land line never goes down, even in the most severe storms. Actually pretty amazing. So I just suck it up and pay ATT because it has been so reliable for me.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Our ATT line is fine.
    joe

mtndad
    Participant

Time to call ATT for service. 611

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by mtndad.
    caleach
    Participant

This is the first time I have been up here with Internet service but no landline phone. Anyone else having trouble? I guess with the wind we had recently there could be a branch shorting out the line. When I call the phone from my cell phone it rings but when I pick up all I hear is a hum.

I tried an old fashioned phone in the jack and no luck there either.

Steve

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.