Stay safe and stay home

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Stay safe and stay home

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

New guidelines from county. See photo.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

I won’t post the video here but there is a good summary of California and Calaveras isolation regulations on YouTube. Just go to YouTube.com, or open the app and search for:
    WnszpVi7PBU

😉

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Calaveras self isolation order.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Resources during this emergency does not equate to money it equates to how many ICU beds are available at the only two hospitals within an hour’s drive. It equates to how many loaves of bread or cartons of eggs are available at the grocery store.
    During this emergency nobody cares about financial resources being brought to he community because there is no where to spend them without increasing risk to the community.
    The current order is not for a two week isolation, it is for an indefinite isolation. Social distancing rules are in place when essential services are required. Otherwise, everyone has been told by the governor and local law enforcement, STAY HOME!

sierra17
    Participant

This virus is everywhere and rather than telling people “keep out” I believe the better message to those on Big Trees Tech should be one of encouragement for our entire community to follow health guidelines of 14 day self-quarantine and maintaining social distancing. Not “stay away”!
    Like it or not, those of “us” who enjoy our second homes up here drive the majority of the Arnold area economy. Do you believe the businesses along Highway 4 through Arnold or even your own business Sandi would even exist without those who love this area and have chosen to buy second homes here?

You talk about straining resources yet have you considered the area has considerably MORE resources with “us” than without “us”? In addition to keeping local business alive, over $11,000,000 comes into the county through our property taxes which full time residents receive the most benefit from. We can’t even vote in the local elections which is yet another benefit to full-time residents.

Instead of sending messages to keep “us” out, there should be respect for what we provide to the local economy and the individual decisions and RESPONSIBILITY we are taking under these difficult times.

Rather than shaming us for legitimately living in our properties during this outbreak the message should be to please observe 14-day quarantine and social distancing to help keep our ENTIRE community safe.

Perhaps Sandi, instead of offering services to check on empty cabins you would be better off offering deliveries of needed supplies and groceries to those of use who are being vigilant and following health guidelines during these difficult times.

We are all in this together and am take extreme umbrage to not being considered a true member of this community that deserves to be living in a home that I have loved for over a dozen years while I support this community.

Everyone please follow health guidelines, stay strong and stay safe.

Typeaux
    Participant

Thank you for this post, Sandi. We own a property in Snowshoe Springs that we usually open in April. We have resisted the urge to leave the Bay Area and go up there, but for the reasons you state, that would be unwise and unfair to the mainstay population in the county. We did learn that our cabin sustained some damage from a broken tree that fell on the power and cable lines, but repairs will just have to wait until this crisis subsides. We can only hope that more people will begin taking this pandemic seriously and stop putting others (and themselves) at risk. Regards and be well.

Sandi
    Participant

We will get through this!

guyo
    Participant

Thank you Sandi!

RebeccaM
    Participant

Ditto,
    We had news that a tree fell on our property and we did not want to head up there with all of the power and snow issues. We called Sandi and she made it to our place on the same day and assessed the situation at our place, sent us pictures of our damaged deck and the fallen trees. We were reassured that there was not a hole in our cabin. She is awesome!

kenshawnewby
    Participant

Sandi has a great point. I was going to go up to assess the damage to the cabin but called Sandi instead and she provided a wonderful service. She was able to go by my place and fully assess if the downed trees had caused any damage to the property. Thanks, Sandi.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Thank you Sandi!

Sandi
    Participant

Please stay safe and stay home. As much as I know you would like to come up to your place right now the smart thing is to shelter in place. Last weekend it was like a holiday weekend at our one grocery store, gas stations, banks and pharmacy. Anyone of you can can pass the virus to anyone of us and we just don’t have the resources here to handle that. I especially worry about our elderly, retired population.

I applaud the owners and real estate companies for taking their vacation rentals off the market. It would be irresponsible to advertise a rental as a place to go right now.

If you are worried about your place, just give me a call or text and I will check on it for you. I want to provide peace of mind in our little piece of paradise. With love and respect: Sandi of SierraSentry.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Sandi.
    Attachments:
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.