Stolen Wildlife Camera

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Stolen Wildlife Camera

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bootstrap
    Participant

Sorry to hear about the loss of the camera.. I know you have shared some great images with us.

You might want to post notices at the Lube Room, Camp Connell Store and Post office asking for return of at least the SD card…no questions asked. Maybe the villains took there own pictures.. Also, keep an eye on the local Craigslist Ads and even post one, yourself.

Maybe it’s time to think about volunteer security patrols… 😉

mr ellis
    Participant

I read these posts with interest and also amusement. There appears to me to be NO significant law enforcement in Calaveras County (but oh boy, the CHP is vigilant in chasing violent “drivers” exceeding the speed limit(s)), and yet any time anyone talks about the need to raise a bit of tax revenue to hire additional deputies for the already over extended Shariff’s Departmenrt, there is the predictable hue and cry “not in my county”.

So just live with the random acts of vandalism and petty theft. They are not going to decrease.

caleach
    Participant

Mike,

Sorry to hear that this happened to you. It another example of the low-life crime and vandalism that seems to be creeping in the area.

Hope the person(s) responsible are caught.

Steve

mikeanello
    Participant

I have been regularly leaving my wildlife camera for 3 months in the forest trails off Chumash/Shosone for the last 2 years. I was here in April and was lucky enough to get a mountain lion on the camera. The camera was locked to a tree with a padlock. It is not an expensive camera. Someone went to a lot of trouble to smash the plastic housing and took the camera sometime between mid April and the end of June. The padlock and strap were still on the tree. It is ridiculous that someone would do this. The camera can’t be strapped to a tree anymore so it would be useless to them. If anyone hears of this please contact me. It would be great to get the SD card from the camera with all of my pictures from the last 2 years. All the pictures/videos would be tagged with my last name Anello.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.