Stanislaus access

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Stanislaus access

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Flyfishr
    Participant

Stop at the US Forestry Department office in Hathaway Pines, and pick up the map of the Stanislaus National forest – a wealth of information showing forest service roads and hiking trails. They also used to have – don’t know if it is still available – a map of locations accessible from along Highway 4.

uttb
    Participant

It’s about 6 miles past sour grass and 4-5 after hitting the dirt road which is fine. There is also a fabulous swimming hole at the bridge

clutz003
    Participant

It is a few miles if I recall. It is not paved but the forest/logging road is usually in good shape.

craig
    Participant

Wow, we’ve never ventured past the Sourgrass Bridge. We have always accessed Beaver Creek at Calaveras Big Trees SP. How far past the bridge is it? Is the road paved?

mtndad
    Participant

For your information:

Stanislaus River North Fork
    Last Planted week of 2016-05-22 with trout
    Planting Schedule
    Week Of
    2016-05-08
    2016-05-22

Ptown Matt
    Participant

Big Trees Park is nice because it also has picnic tables and is an easy walk from where your car is parked.

mtndad
    Participant

How about Calveras Big Trees State Park?
    Numerous points of access to the Stanislaus River, some are ADA trails.
    Young children? Good swimming at Beaver Creek.

Good luck

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by mtndad.
    cheyenne26
    Participant

I took the family to Beaver Creek from the access just past the Sourgrass bridge yesterday. It was just beautiful. Was just wondering if there are more access points to the Stanislaus River with only minor hiking involved that would be good to take visitors to.

I’d also like to hear about any access points for fishing that require a fair amount of hiking to access. Not sure if the local fisherman would give up their secrets but I’m hoping to get some ideas.

Thanks in advance to anyone chiming in here!

Blair

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.