Source for native trees

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Source for native trees

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rswheeler1
    Participant

The dogwoods I planted are Cornus nuttallii and were planted in 12/14. Yes, I have a bachelor’s degree in biology.
    Scott

rswheeler1
    Participant

I bought 2 dogwoods at the Ace Hardware in Angles Camp. They’re doing well, but slow growing and haven’t flowered after 2 years.
    Scott

mtndad
    Participant

I found dogwoods took a long time on my lot.
    Below is from the internet, I think you should check into dogwoods before purchasing.

Dogwoods often take five to seven years before they begin to bloom in earnest. The good news is that if it takes a while to bloom, it’s because the plant is happy and healthy rather than because it’s under stress, and should keep blooming away for years to come

dandj
    Participant

Where did you get the Dogwood trees? Do they grow quickly?

DER8391
    Participant

https://www.giant-sequoia.com

I have purchased several trees from the 2 giant sequoias, and 10 Dogwoods all are doing great.

Dave

mtndad
    Participant

The store in Big Trees State Park had trees ready to plant. You may want call first and see if they still have them. Visitor Center 795-3840

Native trees take a long time to grow, you may want to check at Ebbetts Pass Hardware (John) for a tree that may be faster growing.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by mtndad.
    DaveT
    Participant

We’ve been considering planting some native trees on our property here, like sugar pine and giant sequoia and were wondering if anyone has experience with and/or recommendations for local sources or possibly mail order.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.