snow tires

Home Forums BigTrees Talk snow tires

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    shlamont
    Participant

My son moved to Washington State and left behind for me to sell a set of studded snow tires for an Outback. They won’t fit my Forester. If you think you could live with studded tires for the season let me know by message and we can talk.
    If you want to avoid studded tires, I recommend the Arnold Tire Company (behind the B of A) .. He has provided my family with tires, including snow tires, for several years.
    Also, there is a tire seller in Reno that is all over the web and has a very good site, with ratings, on snow tires…

rswheeler1
    Participant

I have Michelin LTS M/S on my Ford F150. The tires have 70,000 miles on them and still have lots of tread. They cost $200 each, but well worth it.
    Hoopa Scott

RebeccaM
    Participant

We have used the Bridgestone Blizzak on our Volvo. They have worked wonderfully, and get us out of our steep driveway, and up to Bear Valley without chains. We leave them on for the winter season, even as we commute back and forth from the Bay Area. Seem to not have much of a difference on gas mileage. Then, we go back to the Bridgestone Ecopia in the Spring. You will need somewhere to store them, but the tires last much longer.

uttb
    Participant

We have used Toyo A/T Big Country for years and have been extremely pleased with their performance in the snow and on the Hwy.

gww
    Participant

I’ve found the tire rack to have useful
    tire selection information in the past.
    http://www.tirerack.com

Gary..

tortuga
    Participant

On that note, my local public library card gets me free online access to Consumer Reports (as well as many other magazines). check there before shelling out more money, let your taxes work 🙂

Mike
    Participant

Check out page 51 of the November 2013 Consumers Report Magazine, they tested 8 ‘high performance’ snow tires. These are high end tires but you might be interested in the article.

pleinair47
    Participant

It is time to get new tires for my Subaru Outback, and I am looking for suggestions. We live in the bay area, (yes, flatlanders) spend lots of time at our cabin and skiing in the winter. On the old site there was a great thread on snow tires. I can’t seem to find that discussion. If anyone has suggestions on what kind of winter tires to get, I’d greatly appreciate it!
    Pleanair47

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.