Snow levels

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Snow levels

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lostbruce
    Participant

Got to our place on Chumash around 730 am Saturday. Meko and Shoshone had been plowed, Chumash not so much. Probably around a foot of snow On chumash. With the low snow levels, I understand that it puts county resources to the limit.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

The roads by our place, Kenshaw and Wikami, have been plowed and there’s only a couple inches of fresh snow on them.

Bootstrap
    Participant

Looks like chains are required from Arnold on up…so we might have to be our own “snow plows” for a while… 😉

lostbruce
    Participant

How have the plows been doing with keeping up with the snow? Im sure the roads in BTV aren’t clear but are they “passable”?

Thanks

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

It’s extremely unlikely that we will get those max levels on any one day let alone on all the days.

caleach
    Participant

Joe,

I got these numbers by going to the forecast tab on this site and adding up the highest potential snow fall accumulation numbers.

clutz003
    Participant

I have seen projections for up to 80”, but that is at pass levels.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

not sure where you are looking but that sounds excessive. can you provide a link?

caleach
    Participant

I wanted to see if I am interpreting the potential snow accumulation levels that show up on the link to the weather forecast. If I take the highest levels for the day’s projected range and add them up for this week it looks like we could potentially get 90 inches. Am I looking at this correctly?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.