Rollup Garage Door

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Rollup Garage Door

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    allen
    Participant

Thanks for all the replies. I’m getting one from Barton Overhead doors. Phabib, I know I can install one myself but I’m doing a lot of work on a fixer cabin right now and really don’t have time to fool with one. If I had the time, I would definitely buy one and install it myself. Thanks for the info anyway.

allen

phabib
    Participant

Allen, this isn’t what you asked for but when I couldn’t find someone local who wanted to show up and do a door install I bought the door and installed it myself. I had heard how hard it was going to be and how I’d break bones if I tried to adjust the springs and so on so it wasn’t my first choice.

In the end, the directions were excellent, the door goes on in sections so no single part of it was too heavy for me to lift, and the whole job only took about 1/2 a day.

Normal hand tools and a couple of pieces of 1/2″ round bar to tighten the spring are all you need.

guyo
    Participant

Haha, good one phabib! Allen, at work (Bear Valley Water District) we are having some double doors replaced with roll up doors, the estimate we received were in the $2000-$2500 range for each. We went with a contractor named John Watts out of Twain Harte – 586 4681. I imagine he would also do rollup garage doors.

Carpenter
    Participant

Try Barton Doors, there in the phone book.www.bartondoor.com

phabib
    Participant

You might look for an installer in the Yellow Pages.

allen
    Participant

Any recommendations for a single car garage rollup door? I want it installed too, so I would prefer buying it from someone who installs them too.

Thanks,
    allen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.