Requesting AT&T cell service in our area

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Requesting AT&T cell service in our area

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    caleach
    Participant

Aslso found out about an APP called “Mark The Spot” which allows you to mark a spot where you’d like to see service. When you’re back in range the information will be uploaded to AT&T.

caleach
    Participant

Had a very good conversation with AT&T today. Here is what they say about someone who may be interested in having a tower on their property. perhaps the HOA?

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. For your reference we have provided additional resources:

Landowners who are interested in renting, leasing, or selling their land to AT&T for new towers should email their requests to AT&T Mobility at Releaseadmin@att.com.

Landowners should include:
    ?Contact’s name, number, address, and email address
    ?Property address, city, state, and county
    ?Property size (acres or square feet)
    ?Latitude/longitude of site (if available)
    ?Map or survey (if available)

If we can help you further, please refer to http://wireless.att.com/ or call us at 1-800-331-0500.

Carpenter
    Participant

Won’t do it as I can not stand AT&T as a company and hope they stay out of the area, change over to Verizon!

treehouse
    Participant

Thanks for all the comments. I agree that wifi calling is a huge improvement–unfortunately it only works when you are in a place with wifi. So, when we’re in our cabin, it’s great, but it doesn’t work once we leave the house, when we’re on the road, on a walk etc…any place without a wifi connection and the cell phone doesn’t work.It’s a safety concern, and an inconvenience.

The only way to make this happen is for lots of people to call AT&T and request service in this area. Please encourage your friends and family (including those in Arnold, Blue Lake Springs, etc) who would also like cell service in the area to take a minute to place a call to AT&T and request service. If you have an AT&T phone, simply dial 611. f you don’t have an AT&T phone you can call 800.331.0500 to log your request. Just say “requesting cell tower in our area.”

Kuma
    Participant

AT&T can use my property for a tower as I am very close to the heart of downtown Arnold. Id like to have service up there.

MileHigh
    Participant

It would seem that the revenue from a cell tower could be attractive to landowners whose parcels offer a suitable location, if the cell providers are interested. The condo association on Hoopa Circle comes to mind, since they occupy one of the higher points in BTV.

gagacabin
    Participant

I have Verizon with four bars at our cabin. My husband has AT&T. Years have went by and he could not use his phone. Our daughter recently told us something that we didn’t know. First you need wifi, and your phone connected to it. She turned on wifi calling on his iphone, he can now make calls on his iphone using the AT&T service. He made several when he was there. Since he didn’t get any calls while we were there, I can’t say for sure that it works that way. However, I am told it will.
    Not sure this will help, it sure was a surprise to me.

treehouse
    Participant

We continue to be surprised that after all these years there is still no AT&T cell service on highway 4 between Murphy’s and nearly Bear Valley. Given the number of homes and visitors to are area we’ve always wondered why. To us it’s as much about safety as it is about convenience to have a working cell phone. Now that Verizon has installed cell towers, including within Big Trees Village, it’s even more puzzling.
    I spoke with AT&T today and they said if they get enough requests they might start to consider putting in a tower. If this is something you care about please call AT&T and request it. If you have an AT&T land line or cell phone (when you’re in an area with coverage) you can simply dial 611. I gave them the address of our cabin. If you don’t have an AT&T phone you can call 800.331.0500 to log your request. Just say “requesting cell tower in our area.” I bet if we could get People who care in Big Trees Village, Snowshoe Springs and BlueLake Springs/Arnold to call we would see them take action in our area.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.