Remove PG & E Tree remains

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Remove PG & E Tree remains

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

all the licensed, bonded contractors that do tree work are well over their heads with work. This season has been devastating and there is just not enough reliable labor up here to deal with it all.
    Be patient. Do as much of the work as you can yourself. Rent a dumpster (or two or three).
    We should all be concerned about dead trees that are left standing until winter hits. Snow load, high winds, etc could bring them down.

Sierrashoo
    Participant

RHYuroc, you were lucky. I was left with all of the slash and the logs too. Like you, however, I am looking to get rid of the logs ASAP but there doesn’t seem to be anyone available as so many trees are down. If someone has a good, honest and reliable contractor, I’m all ears!

RHYuroc
    Participant

I agree it would be better if they also took them away, but that is not going to happen.

I still need a contractor to haul them away.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

When PG&E leaves the trunk this season they are not doing you or your neighbors a favor. Most of the trees dying have been infested with bark beetles. By leaving the trunk they allow thousands of beetle larva to mature and go on to infest more trees.

RHYuroc
    Participant

Actually I was quite happy with what the PG & E contractor did. They cleaned up all the slash and left the tree remains in a good location. I guess I was lucky. However, I do want to get rid of the logs.

These logs will need to be moved with equipment, so I am looking for a contractor to do that.

Sierrashoo
    Participant

I’m following this post. PG&E left a huge mess for me to deal with. I’m thankful the fire inspection folks have allowed that there are just too many trees down to fine us for non-compliance.

I’ve got to be honest here. I want very much to be in compliance. But when your regular clean up team jacks their cost up 200%? And the wood removal guys equally encourage to do so as well?

Local guys. Work with us I’m discouraged. This is your community too.

RHYuroc
    Participant

I have the remains of a large white fir that PG & E contractor took down last year.

Have offered it under free wood several times.

Now I am looking for a contractor who would be able to pick it up and haul it away.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.