Propane Pricing

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Propane Pricing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    allen
    Participant

I just filled up my portable propane tanks this morning (1/28/2014) and it was $3.04 a gallon without tax. Ebbetts Pass Gas.

thewineguyk2
    Participant

We’re with Ebbetts Pass and our last bill (this month)
    was for $2.79/Gallon.

allen
    Participant

Glad you figured it out Scott.
    allen

rswheeler1
    Participant

Thanks, Allen. I posted a new topic. My first.
    Scott

allen
    Participant

@rswheeler1 – At the top of this page (or any other page) click on “Forums.” Then select the Forum you would like to post in, like “Big Trees Talk,” “Cabin Maintenance,” etc. After you do that, at the bottom of the page, you can start a new topic. Look at the second attachment first, then the first attachment and then the third. They didn’t come out in the order I was trying to upload them. There’s no “Button” to start a new topic like most forums.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by allen.
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by allen.
    rswheeler1
    Participant

Thanks, Allen, but I don’t see the “new topic” page. Not even at the bottom of this thread. Sorry to be a bother.
    Scott

allen
    Participant

Just out of curiosity, why would anyone go with any propane company other than Ebbetts Pass Gas? We don’t have propane and hopefully never will but at some point I may not be able to cut and split wood. I see no advantage going with another company. EPG is local so if you need them they can be at you place in less than an hour, their prices are lower than most other places and their service is great. Like I said, just curious….

allen
    Participant

@rswheeler1 – Select the section of the forums you want and then at the bottom you can start a new topic with any title you want. Screen dumps attached. Good luck.

siouxtrail
    Participant

We are part timers and have used Mother Lode for the past 10 years, which is now called Pro-Flame out of Sonora. In October we were charged 2.59/gal and our bill for a delivery this month was for 3.86/gal. I called and was told it should have been 3.49/gal but they are having a problem with their computers “holding the correct price,” whatever that means. We are supposedly to get a credit for this overcharge. I don’t know if Pro-Flame and Amerigas are the same outfit, but the circumstance sounds similar. I called EBG and they are charging 3.04/gal so we are going to look into making a switch.

rswheeler1
    Participant

This has nothing to do with propane pricing, but can someone tell me how to post a new comment or question in the forums? For the life of me I can’t figure it out.
    Thanks in advance,
    Scott

clutz003
    Participant

Based upon their handling of the billing errors, I would never consider using Amerigas.

Snowshoe1958
    Participant

Talked to Amerigas and they stated they have a billing/computer error and their pricing would be adjusted down $110 dollars for our fill. $3.86 went to $2.99. They were helpful, but stated they are would not be notifying clients about the billing error unless people called and inquired, and only then they would adjust the bill. So if anyone has their service, I would suggest double-checking with them and ensuring that your bill was correct for the last month or so.

Snowshoe1958
    Participant

Talked to EPG today and they were very helpful. Their current pricing is $3.15/Gallon. Pricing is very seasonal. We will schedule to fill in Autumn before the cold hits and take advantage of the lower pricing. Switching providers appears to be very easy, and they will transfer the gas to the new tank at no cost. Now finding out the impact of ending services with Amerigas. Does anyone have any history on ending services?

ebaker
    Participant

EPG for sure. Also a great place to get the gas BBQ tanks filled for under $10, about half of what I pay at home.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by ebaker.
    cmon4day
    Participant

It’s possible that the price of propane spiked because there is a shortage of propane in the mid-west and other areas due to the extreme cold.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.