Power outage

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Power outage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

power went out for a 10 – 15 minutes and just came back on around 5:30pm or so.

caleach
    Participant

My camera is out again, anyway of telling of it’s PG&E or comcast?

Steve

skipamy
    Participant

Looks like Comcast is back up, at least for me on Karock.

My wifi thermostat sends me emails every 2 hours when it is not connected. And I just got an email saying it’s back online. Checked my cameras and they are online too.

sierra17
    Participant

I am so sick of Comcast! I tried to call for an update to the recent outage. Instead of being allowed to go to tech-support, their “automated” system would not pass me through until I paid the $11 still owed from last month’s bill due to pay-per-view charges. It took over 15 minutes. Only then was I allowed to get the “automated” message that there is an outage that will not be resolved until tonight. Money is ahead of any customer support!

We pay a fortune every month for their service (or non-service in this case) and all they care about are a few dollars late by a few days.

Hoping we have viable alternative soon!

caleach
    Participant

regarding the Hotspot issue, don’t the carriers start throttling back the speed after a certain amount of use? Wouldn’t that be a risk for anyone hosting a site?

caleach
    Participant

Didn’t there used to be a Comcast personalizing in the area? If so, perhaps he, or she, could post an update?

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

fyi, I’m posting this via my phone over Verizon LTE

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Latest from Comcast is 8PM Wednesday.
    I am seriously considering getting a Verizon LTE Hotspot and cutting the comcast cable altogether. Over the last year we’ve consistently had 2 bars of LTE and 3 bars upstairs.
    I think the hotspot and an unlimited data plan would be cheaper than what we pay for comcast.
    I would just need to figure out how to connect the TVs.

Granite
    Participant

Hughes net is the only alternative but expensive.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

So pissed at Comcast! Latest update has no estimated time for restoration of service.
    It’s time to nationalize internet service.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

So pissed at Comcast! Latest update has no estimated time for restoration of service.
    It’s time to nationalize internet service.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Comcast estimate moved to 8pm as of 3:30 pm.
    No webcam images or weather data can be uploaded until they get it fixed 👎

dpalme
    Participant

Always great to have updates like these, even if I can’t be up in the mountains. Thanks to both of you.

Cheers,

D.

caleach
    Participant

I talked to Comcast and they have a service outage as well and expect to have it fixed by 3 PM today.

dandj
    Participant

Having similar issues. The answering machine is working and there are no reports from PG&E about an outage, so I’m guessing it is comcast.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.