Power Lines Down

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Power Lines Down

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    jebediah jake
    Participant

Just wanted to pass on a positive experience that happened today. I finally made it up to clear the downed tree tops at our place and found a tree leaning on the PGE service line to our cabin. At 10 am I called PGE, and by 12 noon they were at the cabin and solving the problem. I probably got lucky because they were in the area, but regardless, a great outcome.

mtndad
    Participant

Got in yesterday, about noon. House still dark! Looked around and electric panel door was open and the main switch was down (off). Put main Switch up, viola, all is working.

Hoping no more outages.

caleach
    Participant

I arrived up here yesterday to a downed power line between the pole and the house. PG&E were johnny on the spot and got me up and running. Still some damage with some items burned out due to surges, etc.

I still see some downed lines in the area so there is still a lot of work to do. Heavy snow bowing many trees.
    Thanks PG&E for the rapid response.

MackFamily
    Participant

We got a text around 6:20 last night that power was back on, but the PG&E outage line still reports it’s off. Did it go out again?

gagacabin
    Participant

Yahoo, power is back on at our cabin in the 3000 block of Shoshone!! Lucky for us, the webcams are both up and running, which means Comcast is working too.
    Now to go up and see if there is any damage. Good luck everyone…

jibwaylarry
    Participant

New phoned info from PGE (for my address) is projecting restored service on Thursday, and affects 489 customers.Nice to see that power has been restored to some customers. I can’t imagine how difficult it is to repair this mess. Thanks to all the pros on this job. Huge thanks!!!

tortuga
    Participant

Big Trees Village is trying to tally what streets are in what condition. If you’re on Facebook, go here: https://www.facebook.com/BigTreesVillage/posts/1216118565091895

If not, email manager@bigtreesvillage.org about what streets you have driven and what the conditions are.

crusierwife
    Participant

Thanks jibwaylarry the PG&E link was most helpful. Hopefully our place will get back on the grid soon!

mtndad
    Participant

We gave up, Staying at Murphys Inn Motel..

Tree went down in front of our house, pulled out the PGE wires.

Will check each day and see if any repair.

jibwaylarry
    Participant

Just got another automated phone call; the new estimate to restore power to Jibway Drive in Big Trees is Tuesday at 3:00 pm

Larry

caleach
    Participant

I received a text from PG&E this morning saying that in our area in unit 3 they expect it to be fixed by 2:30 pm.

jibwaylarry
    Participant

I just received (Sunday, 9:30 am) the automated phone call from PGE regarding the outage on Jibway (and beyond); “the power outage caused by downed trees is expected to be repaired today by 12:00 pm.
    edit: new phone message updated the time to 3:00 pm.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by jibwaylarry.
    jibwaylarry
    Participant

Here’s a PGE page to check for outages at your address. View the map, enlarge, click and drag your way around the map to your specific area. Click on the colored icon in your area (if any) and a box appears with the specifics of your adress/outage. As of 7:32 Saturday evening, 883 customers are without power, due to damaged equipment on power pole. We left our darkened Jibway cabin at 8:30 tis morning. Slow going but beautiful. https://m.pge.com/#outages

Bootstrap
    Participant

I drove up today to see things for myself. HYW 4 was wet pavement up to Blue Lake Springs…then packed snow. Obviously, chains required.
    El Camino Bootstrap was plowed for only a single lane ONLY….luckily, no other vehicles came by while I was there. I had to back all the way down El Camino to Boards Crossing to get out. Berm on either side of the road varied from 4 to 5 feet high.. I was there from 1 to 3pm and NO POWER…
    I drained the water, as we hadn’t done so all Winter (not recommended…but we lucked out with no frozen pipes).
    Here’s a pic taken from Boards Crossing looking south onto El Camino Bootstrap….yes, ONE LANE ONLY…;-)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Bootstrap.
    Attachments:
    caleach
    Participant

Has anyone been able to get any information about when power might be restored?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.