Partial Shutdown

Home Forums Web Site Partial Shutdown

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lawver
    Participant

You created a community where one was needed. You were the editor of our local paper. Your cameras gave us a look at our shoveling needs until Climate Change made us a more temperate snowless area. You introduced us to virtual concerts before we learned our work would be virtual. You gave us want ads to find local helpers. You gave Sandi a forum to show us the beauty of our community.

You will always be the Mayor of Big Trees.

Thanks

WillyC
    Participant

Thanks for the many years of running the site. Even partial will still be a great resource.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by WillyC.
    rswheeler1
    Participant

I agree with everyone. Sad day. I check the site every day. Joe, thanks for all you’ve done.
    Scott

AZbunch
    Participant

Dang, I hated to see this! Joe, thanks so much for all the hard work that you put into the website…yes, I definitely noticed the lack of new content the past several months, and that’s a shame. Like pcoberly, I’m wondering where we can continue finding helpful info as a part-timer? Enjoy your new-found freedom!!

carlshome
    Participant

I’m sad too. The camera shots were my go to for what’s happening with the weather in Big Trees. Especially in winter. Sad to see this go. But life is full of change. But this change hurts. Thanks for your years of commitment to this website.

pcoberly
    Participant

I too am sad to see the station and cameras go away as they have been eyes to the big trees world for us. Thank you, Joe, for a wonderful service to your neighbors.

Given the decreased popularity of the site, I’m curious where people are going for the types of information available on Big Trees Tech? Nextdoor, Facebook? (gack)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by pcoberly. Reason: fix typo
    Annette
    Participant

So sorry to lose the weather station and cameras. I will miss them.You have provided a great service to those of us that are “weekenders”. Thank you for all the years that I could check on snow!! I will continue to check in and hope the road videos continue. Again thank you so much.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.