Need Insurance agent for Fire Insurance

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Need Insurance agent for Fire Insurance

• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tony.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

Thank you! Teddi Pauls office was able to write a policy for me.

Tony
    Participant

Yes, the local State Farm agent in Murphys was able to write a policy for me. My local State Farm rep (San Mateo) was shocked when I told him.

Thanks for all the help!

RHYuroc
    Participant

Did you find a source for insurance? I have had Farmers for 25 years but they seem to be increasing the cost every year and trying to get me to change.

I’ve looked around a bit and followed several suggestions, but I haven’t found a source.

everik
    Participant

Yes, we had problems a few years ago when we first bought our property in Camp Connell. Allstate (our carrier at the time) has not written new home policies for years, State Farm would not cover since we’re in a “fire” area. Neither would AAA. However, Liberty Mutual would cover us. Lucky them since we moved ALL our insurance policies to them. Been happy since (well, except for cost….)

Dacmill
    Participant

Our place in BTV is insured through Foremost Insurance- they are part of the Farmers Group and are A rated. We use Mark Twain Insurance Agency in Angels Camp. Our carrier for our primary residence is Safeco, and they wouldn’t do it- and our agent there had no other sources.

allen
    Participant

I wish another reputable insurance company would write new policies up here. We have six houses and two cars insured with State Farm. They will renew policies but won’t write new ones. I would love to tell State Farm to take their policies and shove them where the sun doesn’t shine!

hangtree23
    Participant

We bought in Arnold in the fall and Geico (via Travelers) insured us. We sold our Dorrington cabin, and after having State Farm for years, they were not writing new policies. Good Luck.

tatonka
    Participant

I have Allstate for both my homes. Four years ago when we had bad storms, I had a big tree come down in my garage. Their process was very easy and I had a check to make things good in about 10 days. No questions asked

Tony
    Participant

Thank you for all the suggestions.

Westlye
    Participant

We carry multi-house/car with State Farm and have no issue with re-insurance. Try the local State Farm agent, Teddi Paul in Murphys. I’ll bet she can get your home fire insurance coverage. https://www.statefarm.com/agent/US/CA/Murphys/Teddi-Paul-2MXS41YS000

rswheeler1
    Participant

I checked with several agencies, Geico and USAA, neither would cover that area. I’ve used AAA for years. Good luck.
    Scott

Tony
    Participant

I’m purchasing a property in Arnold and need fire insurance. I called my State Farm agent who I’ve had for 30 years and he told me State Farm is no longer offering fire insurance for properties in Arnold.

Can anyone recommend an agent who might be able to help?

Thanks,

-Tony

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.