message chronology

Home Forums Feature Requests & Bug Reports message chronology

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

The new forum (for now) does support nested replies so if you use the “discrete” reply link to a specific reply then your post should show up “nested” below that reply. Otherwise, if you just go to the bottom of all the replies and enter a new ‘non-nested’ reply, it should show up at the bottom of the stack (for now).
    Any other behavior is unexpected but won’t be fixed for a while.

tortuga
    Participant

I noticed that when I used the readily available “reply to” box at the bottom of the page, the message sometimes gets placed somewhere else in the queue.

But when I hit the discrete “REPLY” link at the top of the last message in the queue, then my reply goes at the end of the queue.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

No Steve, there is nothing you can do at this point but grin and bear it 😉
    When I get done with this other higher priority project I’m working on there are a number of things about the new site I want to change / fix / add. Among those is the order in which messages are presented. I basically know what has to be done but it’s not as simple as putting a check in some configuration box.
    It will probably be several weeks before I get this other project finished. When it’s finished everyone will know because I’ll post the video here on the site.
    joe

caleach
    Participant

Joe,

I have been looking at the new way of posting the messages and see that they don’t show up chronologically the way they used to. Is there something I need to click to view them that way?

Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.