lot inspection notice

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance lot inspection notice

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Call Snider’s we are still clearing lots that are too much for the average lot cleaner…If Cal Fire sent you a notice give us a call. If you have a huge mess we can easily mulch it. Let us get yours done before we get heavy snow so Cal Fire can clear you and your property.209 795-2847 Licensed, bonded and insured! We also grind stumps…

Bill
    Participant

Thanks nadamico. I will give you a call iin a few days. I appreciate your help.

ndamico
    Participant

bill, i have a new contact # for PGE. feel free to contact me – 916.716.8999. they said they were supposed to come cut trees in the next couple weeks. this whole calfire thing is irritating. we didn’t fail our inspection in may. doing this in october is a joke. i did speak to calfire and they were nice. i told them PG&E left all the dead trees but they have no way (or maybe desire) to contact PG&E to get them removed. i did hear PG&E is supposed to finally get the ones they fell 2 years ago, of which my property has many.

lawver
    Participant

Received pass letter. With the damage to the forest I am guessing that Cal-Fire can no longer depend on the volunteer force and took it over. PGE dropped a huge fir on my lot and cleaved my driveway. I never had trouble reaching their arborist nor the service doing the felling. By the time I called about the driveway they had already found the damage and scheduled a repair.
    Either they are totally overwhelmed by the dead trees or an prior writer didn’t exploit all of the possible contacts. I texted, emailed and left voice mails and eventually established an email dialogue.

Bill
    Participant

ndamico.. did pg &e advise you when they would remove the trees? Did they give you another number to call? They have not been very responsive to me. They stacked a dozen 3 foot dia x 12 feet long large logs haphazardly in the bottom of our lot that are impossible for me to deal with.

sjhusker
    Participant

I also passed inspection in May, then received the non-compliance report two weeks ago. Have left Cal Fire four phone messages, but, they refuse to return my calls. PG&E is due to cut more trees. Caught between a rock and a hard place if I cannot speak to someone. Been a good citizen in BTV since 1977 and want to do the right thing. All the tax dollars I have paid over the years doesn’t warrant a return phone call?

gagacabin
    Participant

We also had our lot cleaned in May. They did a terrific job.
    Got the inspection notice in the mail dated 9-24-18. We passed. Yahoo…

ndamico
    Participant

We had our lock cleaned up in may. We did not receive any notice from Big Trees about a failed lot inspection. on my way through the neighborhood today I took a look at every violation they complain about and at least 15 of the neighboring 20 houses to mine look exactly the same. there are also several dead trees on my property that PG&E cut down and was supposed to haul off but never has. PG&E even called me last week and asked if they could cut more trees and I told her not until they hauled off the ones they were supposed to from the last time.

Sierrashoo
    Participant

It’s very likely you folks were ID’ed by the volunteer fire prevention folks at the BTV Rec Center earlier this year. And you likely got notified of non-compliance (unless your lot is undeveloped – e.g. has no buildings on it – that’s another person who does code compliance). And… yes. It’s likely that you’re STILL not in compliance. This year, however, CALFire is no longer “looking past” non-/semi-compliant lots. Honestly? That’s a good thing. So many of us not local, hire a “service” and never look back to see what they did/did not do. You get the letter from BTV and tell yourself – well the service guys will be there soon. Most of the hire-able labor will rake. But they’re not gonna trim your tree limbs 14′ feet. Not going to take care of limbs hanging over/touching your roof. Those are the things folks are getting cited for right now.

Call Snider’s if it’s too much for you to do. We mulch, haul, logs and grind stumps. We are also licensed to do trees. We have been getting a lot of calls from people. We typically do the lots that are too much for the average lot cleaner. If you have a lot of sucker trees we ususally have the homeowner mark the ones to keep and mulch up the unwanted ones. Call us we can give you a list of ones we just completed so you can drive by and look.It also chews up hornet nests in the dirt which may be harmful to pets and small children. Let us help get you fire safe! 209 795-2847 The most important thing is we guarantee you will pass inspection in writing.

sjhusker
    Participant

I also received one today from an inspection on 9-20-18. I had my lot cleaned in May. PG&E has marked at least an additional 8 live trees for removal inside the 30′ on my property. More debris will be left when they remove these trees in the immediate future. We all care about fire prevention, but, what is going on?

ndamico
    Participant

so we just got a lot inspection notice in the mail. date of inspection was 9/24/18? letter was from Cal fire. why are they inspecting now? its almost October. And they are saying to remove stumps now? that’s crazy!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.