Identifying your Lot Lines

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Identifying your Lot Lines

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    skipamy
    Participant

Check the Calaveras County Surveyor’s Office.
    http://publicworks.calaverasgov.us/Surveyor.aspx

Looks like you can get a copy of your lot map. I had the same issue (identifying boundary to know whose lot the dead trees were on. I was able to find the iron markers, they stick up off the ground. Probably not able to find them in the snow, but should be able to find the with the map once the snow melts.

nkruse
    Participant

Called Barry Ward and C21.
    I got a name of William Anburg
    772-2864 / cell 610-6148
    They thought the cost was ~$200.

Any other recommendations.. comments?

Bootstrap
    Participant

Contact a local land surveyor who is familiar with your area. There should be a small, square iron pin driven into the ground at each corner. If you have a metal detector…you might get lucky. 😉

jr.
    Participant

Call a couple of realtors to get some names. On one corner, our lot line is 6′ to the left of the water meter because of massive rock. We found out when the lot was originally surveyed 20+ years ago.

nkruse
    Participant

We are in the process of working with a contractor to take down our dead bark beetle trees.

However, my neighbor thinks our lot line is in one place and I think it might be in another, and in the middle, there are some trees that needs to come down.

Has anyone worked with someone that can come out and mark lot lines – so that we know for sure where the lines are?

Please share your experiences/costs

Thanks, Neil

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.