How’s it going up there?

Home Forums BigTrees Talk How’s it going up there?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Thank you gagacabin…no name shall be know as Hot Dog from here on out. I read it as a slap in face as well. It’s a tough business. You have to have some thick skin. Snow removal should be a reality show. Snow is coming next week! Thanks again Gagacabin! Jessica Snider

gagacabin
    Participant

Mr. No Name, so you think what you said wasn’t rude? To me, it read like a slap in the face (I actually had a better phrase).
    I could fill a page with praises for the Snyders, however, I see others already have.
    Thank you Adam and Jessica for what you do.

Mr. Ellis thank you for your support but I myself am a former flat lander. I do like the flat landers. We have some really great flat lander customers. Years ago prices were controlled by Gene Miller. I can’t see the logic in his pricing for snow removal. Many of the former companies had to conform to his pricing when things should have been raised. My husband Adam was paid dirt cheap wages and no overtime working for Miller. Forced to plow every year because we lived in a house he owned at the time. It was a blessing for us when he sold. We don’t miss those days. So gas prices are higher as with everything else. I don’t usually charge $200 a one shot but when we have to plow the roads I will for sure. This is not a flat lander vs. mountain folk issue. It’s just a man who wants something for nothing and when he didn’t get it he blasted my business online. Locals can be the same way. Thank you for your support. Just know that Snider’s Snow Removal goes the extra mile trying to keep everyone safe and looking out for our elderly. Our team works 18 hours a day in heavy storms and we don’t give up. Thanks Jessica Snider

mr ellis
    Participant

I like the way Jessica does not hold back! Again, I am with her and Sniders the whole way. They provide a vital service to a community that needs said service when the weather dictates.

Always been amused at the flatlands that stream up here to their “second residence” and then try to be on the cheap with the local folks who work their buns off.

Stay home!

Oh it was completely rude… for a company that just cleared all the roads to be helpful. We paid for that. You clear your driveway for a reason to save money. I run a business to make money but we also do a lot of good for the community. Your post was meant to hurt my business name for a reason. Also, It’s Jessica Snider I run the business and set the prices. At least I post my name when posting this unlike you. Give the plow companies a break or don’t come in the middle of a severe storm and expect a deal. Most driveways take about 30 minutes to plow when it is deep like this. You meant to hurt my business name so let’s be clear. I won’t put up with it especially when we work so hard to go out of our way for this community. Post your name hot dog so we can put your name on the do not serve list. You have a wonderful day! Jessica Snider Snider’s Snow Removal

ndamico
    Participant

mr snider-

my reply was not rude. yours was. As someone who prefers to do their own driveway 99% of the time i do not want a contract. we had them with abbots for years and even when we stopped the once every few years one shot was more affordable. you are free to run your business as you choose and I am also free to choose whether to patronize you as well. while you may not care your attitude has persuaded me to not solicit your services in the future. have a nice day.

mr ellis
    Participant

I am totally with Jessica @ Snyders Snow Removal. They work their buns off when it storms and are always nice about. For those who worry about how much it’s going to cost to get to their place should just stay wherever they’re “comfortable”.

To the guy complaining about paying for a $200 one shot. We arrive to huge berms. It takes time to plow through feet of snow. We clear the entire driveway. It’s expensive to run a snow removal business. Not to mention people that don’t keep on their driveways usually have debris under the snow that gets stuck in blowers.I would suggest getting a contract. Snow removal is a gamble for us in the snow business. While you were complaining about your expensive one shot you forgot to thank Snider’s for plowing all the roads into BTV! We had to do that since the county didn’t help us! Have a nice day…you’re welcome for plowing the roads for you to get into your cabin…people amaze me! Have a nice day…Jessica Snider Snider’s Snow Removal

carlshome
    Participant

I’m on Indian Rock, just a few doors away from the very end of Sierra Parkway. Power and internet were restored last night (Monday) at 8:30pm. Indian Rock, Sioux Trail on up to Hwy 4 were nicely plowed in both lanes. Hwy 4 perfectly clear.

Abbotts did a one shot for me on my 175 foot steep driveway. Driver Justin arrived at 9:20pm Sunday night. Snow was heavy and 4 feet deep. He completed it in about 30 minutes. They haven’t billed me yet.

kenshawnewby
    Participant

I’ve been quoted $50 to $100 for a one shot clearing and seems to be based on snow conditions and number of customers. Snow conditions right now are extraordinary and I suspect that’s why the price is so high. The time spend to clear a driveway has to have at least doubled not to mention that they may have to clear a path on the street just to get to it.

ndamico
    Participant

does anyone know if snyder changes one shot prices based on day? i called to get a price .they didn’t ask my address just said it would be $200 today. That seems a bit high but i don’t know if they raise prices when they get busy. i’ve never used them before. its been years since i’ve needed one but abbot used to charge $50 to run up and down one driveway.

ndamico
    Participant

power and comcast are back on at our place on shoshone. cameras show quite a bit of snow!

DER8391
    Participant

On 4WD vehicles:

Snow chains mounted on all 4 with 4WD/AWD – ideal lateral stability, perfect acceleration, crisp steering, super braking. However, part time systems will show some understeer (turns are wider than intended). Full time 4WD systems are best. This is what everyone should have for snow and ice. Be careful anyway.
    Snow chains mounted on front axle with 4WD/AWD – good acceleration, good steering, good braking. However, since the rear wheels have no lateral guidance, the rear end might come around – fast. Not good. Feather your brakes. Go slow.
    Snow chains mounted on rear axle with 4WD/AWD – good acceleration, lousy steering (no lateral guidance), marginal braking (remember, 80% of brake force is created at front wheels and without chains that ain’t happening). No fishtailing. Best compromise for 4WD with only one pair of chains. Go slow.

It’s rare you need chains on a true 4WD with high and low vs AWD but just in case and peace of mind. Just go slow.
    Dave

layshock
    Participant

With 4wheel drive, which tires do the chains go on?

kenshawnewby
    Participant

I just returned home (1/29/21) from the Dorrington area after riding out the storm. Many roads were impassible but can tell you that with chains and a 4 wheel drive vehicle we were able to make it from Kenshaw way to Wikami to Sierra Parkway to Board Crossing and then to Hwy 4 with little issue. Roads were one lane only and two way traffic is next to impossible. Saw many vehicles trying to make it up Boards Crossing without chains and they were stuck on the S-curve portion. Power was out since Thursday morning and no concrete date for restoration. Best to stay away until snow crews get a handle on the roads and better call someone to clear the driveway. The berms are at least 6-8 feet and no way to shovel in by hand. Shout out to Snider snow removal who were diligently clearing driveways each and every morning.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.