Homeowners Insurance

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Homeowners Insurance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dacmill
    Participant

We are with Foremost Insurance, handled through Mark Twain Insurance in Angels Camp- their phone is (209) 736-2200. Our insurance company for our house in the Bay Area and the broker that we work with for our primary residence were no help with the cabin.

nkruse
    Participant

The last time I researched this the I found the information to be very much in flux. Companies that were not renewing policies one month might offer them the next.

Some people where getting renewals with one company when other people were not (for a variety of reasons).

I had to go with California Fair Plan for fire, and someone else for everything else – I had to have two policies.

If you are happy with your coverage, get out your old policy and call all the insurers you can find and give them the same information that was in your last policy, so that you could make a apples to apples comparison when you do find someone to insure you.

I found there to be a wide variance in the price for the same coverage.

You may want to start with a call to the local realtors to find out who they are working with to write policies as of today.

Home_Sweet_Dome
    Participant

I know this topic has been discussed several times, but for the life of me I cannot locate a thread on it. Can someone please recommend some homeowners insurance companies that cover Camp Connell? My current provider has just informed me that they will not be renewing the policy that I have had with them the past 14 years.

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.