Homeowners Insurance?

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Homeowners Insurance?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shoshoneeeee
    Participant

Just got quote to insure 1200 sq ft cabin for $8,600 from Worldwide Facilities, LLC.
    Agent now looking into Fair Plan.
    Paid $971 per year through 2018 with Foremost but they dropped me. We are on perimeter of Big Trees and that maybe one reason we get dropped.

Shoshoneeeee
    Participant

Got dropped by Allstate approx. 10 years ago for having trees within 30 feet of cabin.
    Just got dropped by Foremost insurance via USAA for cabin being in area that is hard to defend from wildfire.
    Waiting to hear from agent on possible alternatives.
    Thank you to those that have shared your insurance plans.

everik
    Participant

Well, we lost the lottery. Seems like this every two years. But this time we weren’t just denied a homeowners renewal, our insurance company (Burns and Wilcox) TRIPLED it! Yep to over $7K. I think it was a hint.
    But, our AAA insurance agent/broker was on top of it. She suggested we get the California FAIR plan insurance then get a supplemental AAA policy to fill in all the gaps that the FAIR plan had from a “normal” homeowners. And, that combination ended up being cheaper than last year’s rate from B&W.
    My AAA agent (in Redwood City) is happy to help others in the area that are interested in this approach. Ping me directly if you want her name and number.

skipamy
    Participant

I have Allstate, though we’ve been insured with them for 30 years, so it might be different if we were trying to get a new policy. However, I was shocked to see that the premium went up by 60% this year! My agent says it was because of all the wildfires, every agency increased their rates.

ladyknitter
    Participant

You might try Cutler Segerstrom brokers in Sonora. They found us some, pricy but not too bad.

Lady Knitter

rswheeler1
    Participant

I’ve heard that you or a family member must be a veteran (which I am) to use USAA. We have USAA for home, cabin and both cars. Good luck!
    Scott

DER8391
    Participant

Any ideas of who might be writing policies for homeowners? AAA is not renewing in the county, I have tried Farmers, USAA, State Farm, Hartford, and Progressive all of which will not insure up here. California Fair Plan is going to cost and additional $1500, total $3800 per year which is crazy.

Thanks in advance for any info

Dave

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.