Having fun yet?

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Having fun yet?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    crusierwife
    Participant

We have owned our cabin for 3 years but have loved this area for over 30 years and this is more snow than we have seen in. eight years. We love it!!!

Skip
    Participant

While this snow is great, this is my place on the meadow, late Feb 2011.

CalBear
    Participant

David-Which butchers shop in Modesto? Been looking for a similar cut after experiencing this in Florence last summer. Thanks!

David4305
    Participant

If you have not tried it…shovel your deck and have a BBQ. It is really fun in the snow. The workout burns the calories consumed during your feast!

I tried with great success to recreate the culinary specialty of Florence Italy, Bistecca Florentine, with a 2 3/4 inch thick porterhouse steak from a butcher in Modesto. The results were great. So were the baby back ribs the next night.

CalBear
    Participant

David4305-
    Most importantly, how was the Bistecca and where did you pick it up at?

cmon4day
    Participant

Enjoying the skiing

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by cmon4day.
    Attachments:
    caleach
    Participant

We built and moved in Thanksgiving of 2001. There was 4 feet of snow on the ground in early December, as I remember it. A few years of decent snow after that but this year I think is the best in at least 3 years if not 4.

A few years ago we had a system installed that circulates the hot water through the system based on timer settings. This was done with a by-pass under the kitchen sink and a circulation pump at the water heater. The main reason for this was to not waste so much water, waiting for it to get hot, but the other benefit was virtually eliminating the risk of freezing pipes in the winter.

pedalhog
    Participant

Bought 5 years ago right in the middle of the last huge winter storm. Never regretted it. Glad to have some decent snow at last,not to mention get some value out of my Snow Plow contract. Hope all the businesses in the area have a great winter season!

itsleah
    Participant

This is our 6th Christmas up here & it’s the best ever!!! Loving this snow!!
    Leah

David4305
    Participant

This is great! This is our sixth winter. Blizzards the first two years, three drought years, and now this great year (so far). Sustained cold froze the water inlet valve this year for the first time. Lines were drained and traps winterized so all drama subsided after an hour with no broken pipes. Shoveled 18″ off the deck for a Bistecca Florintine giant steak one night and baby back ribs the next!

Mike
    Participant

And we thought that the big snowblower we bought when we moved here was a waste of money!

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

We would like to hear from the folks who have bought up here in the last 4 or 5 years. I think this might be the biggest snow dump we’ve had in a while.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Our deck was clear yesterday evening

Attachments:
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.