Hardwood firewood

Home Forums Feature Requests & Bug Reports Hardwood firewood

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dmdoug
    Participant

Many thanks again for the Hampton Ranch recommendation! We had a cord delivered on Saturday, and we were very pleased. We ended up with 1/2 almond and 1/2 oak because they’re already starting to get low on almond. It was $350, a little extra for the oak.

Again our Big Trees neighbors came to the rescue!

michelle s
    Participant

I definitely second the recommendation for Hampton Ranch, we get 2 cords every two years from them. Always excellent almond. One thing to note is that I think they will only deliver to Dorrington in 2-cord increments, due to the distance and the size of their truck. If you need less, coordinate with a neighbor to share the load.

whynotsnow
    Participant

Oh yes, it was seasoned! I even have a wood moisture meter and I test it each season, it is dry! Last year it was $325.00 a cord.

dmdoug
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion. Is the wood seasoned? And, if you don’t mind my asking, how much was it for a cord?

whynotsnow
    Participant

Yes, I have used Hampton Ranch for good, seasoned almond. They deliver and they give you a bag of almonds too from their farm! Highly recommend them! 209-874-4894

dmdoug
    Participant

Does anyone know of a place to buy hardwood firewood (eg.oak, almond)? We have plenty of softwood (pine, cedar). Thanks in advance!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.