Hardwood Firewood

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Hardwood Firewood

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rswheeler1
    Participant

PG&E cut down a big fir tree on my property AND cut it into rounds. I have plenty of firewood already, do this is free for the taking. It’s on the front left corner of the property at 3628 Hoopa Circle.
    Scott

ghm
    Participant

I have used Dunlap Enterprises out of Soulsbyville- got a full chord of Oak last December. Wood is good.
    Price including delivery and stacking was $400 cash.
    If interested, ph is 532-4974.

Snowshoe1958
    Participant

We had to coordinate our wood delivery on quick notice but was able to contact Steve Sims.
    http://www.1888oldalmond.com……
    Looks like a fairly large operation. He delivered on Thanksgiving day a very nice full cord of 2 years aged Almond for $405. You can determine the value, but with wood sometimes sketchy on the size and quality of wood, it was worth it and the Almond burnt very long on the weekend!
    I don’t think he enjoyed the weather, so if you need it you may want to get scheduled before any snowpack. He said he delivered to Bear previously and the site claims delivery to over 25 counties.
    Good Luck!

caleach
    Participant

Haven’t had to buy any firewood in a while. What does a cord of hardwood go for these days, Felipe red to BTV?

Bootstrap
    Participant

You might try Gene Miller’s Rock and Wood Yard in Avery.
    It’s right on Highway 4. (209) 795-4875

WikamiCabin
    Participant

Hi Michele S and snowshoe…will definitely contact when we find hardwood. Sharing a load up is great idea.

michelle s
    Participant

We would also be interested in 1/2 cord or oak or almond. Sometimes it is cheaper or easier to get delivery if going in together on a full truck/trailer load. If you guys want to split it, I’m interested.

gagacabin
    Participant

I have about 1/2 pickup load of 18 to 20 inch round fir. Tree was cut last year. We have a propane gas stove so we do not need any wood. If interested let me know. I am not able to deliver.

WikamiCabin
    Participant

Hi Snowshoe,

Will definitely let you know.

Also, there were two firewood flyers up at Camp Connell. I pulled a couple tabs and am calling tomorrow.

Snowshoe1958
    Participant

We need a cord ourselves…let us know also?

WikamiCabin
    Participant

Looking for some hardwood for our cabin before the snow hits…ideally oak but will consider others.
    Delivery only options (Dorrington).
    Got taken last season so looking for reputable sources.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.