Garbage left on road

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Garbage left on road

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ejgurt1
    Participant

I know it’s kind of gross, but is there anything with a name or address in the garbage?

DaveT
    Participant

Thanks for all the good feedback. We found another huge bag dumped yesterday after having eventually cleaned up one of the others from before on one of our walks. Sad.

I too love this site for its useful and focused information, especially the forum and have been following for many years. I noted that when Joe temporarily shut down the site a few years ago, others suggested NextDoor as an alternative, and I and I suspect many others started using it, and it seemed the BigTreesTech site never returned to the same usage level after it got back up and running. Hopefully that will change as we ‘spread the word’, as I’d check daily if there was more activity. I much prefer it to the other sites out there.

Flyfishr
    Participant

Since disposal fees are included in property tax billing, and with proof of residency disposal at Avery is not charged, I would assume that it is not residents that are the culprits.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Feel free to spread the word.

Sierrashoo
    Participant

I would also suggest posting this site to Facebook. There are at least three pages – The Original Upper Hwy 4 Corridor Calaveras County Group, The Upper Highway 4, The Real Upper Hwy 4 Corridor Calaveras County – to mention a few that are active and regularly posted too. BTVHOA has a page as well. Some of the FB groups can get pretty testy – the fact that this page is moderated might be a real draw for some. I too used to check this page frequently. But now that not much gets posted any longer, I’m not on as much.

As to the garbage? Thats unfortunately a real problem. The area down at the base of Ottowa gets stuff dumped regularly. Renters? Homeowners who don’t want to bring stuff home? People up at Bear? Who knows. But once the animals get into the bags it’s a true mess.

gagacabin
    Participant

Hmmm, spreading the word… If it is allowed, I will put up a poster on the bulletin board at the recreation center this summer.
    I try to mention this site when I meet new people in the area.
    This is still one of my first places to check out in the morning with my coffee.

mr ellis
    Participant

“Gagacabin”,

You make a good point – I hope that is the case; however, I have rubbed shoulders with a number of the “young newbies at The Lube Room, Snowshoe Brewery, etc, and they just don’t seem to have the love and respect for the area that I remember being a bulwark of the community.

It’s more about drinking to oblivion and having a good time.

How would you suggest “spreading the word” about this wonderful site?

mr ellis

gagacabin
    Participant

I have been watching this posting since the first day. I am wondering if perhaps it isn’t that the “newer” people don’t care, but that they do not know about this site?
    Only a few times that I have mentioned this site has someone said they use it. Most have never heard of this site.
    My suggestion is to spread the word about this wonderful informative site.
    Give me your thoughts Mr. Ellis.

mr ellis
    Participant

It makes me very sad to see that, with the “generational” shift, that not a soul responds to things posted on this chat.

I would have thought that “garbage in the street” might have provoked a thought….not so.

Very sad…..BTV is not what it used to be when I got there 29 years ago… sad that the community doesn’t seem to give a shit.

Mr Ellis

DaveT
    Participant

We’ve noticed 3 distinct piles of garbage left along a stretch of Shoshone over the last month or so. These aren’t the more usual case of garbage cans having been raided by bears/raccoons which is obvious and understandable. We don’t recall having seen this before and are wondering if this is a new and/or common issue and who living up here would leave garbage out so carelessly. I’ve expected the property owners to address but that hasn’t happened so far.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.