Fire Tax Bill Now?

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Fire Tax Bill Now?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    allen
    Participant

If you pay your bill online (like I do) and your mailing address changes, don’t count on your bill going to the new mailing address. I had to call them today to get our mailing address correct and it’s been two years since it changed. 🙁

allen
    Participant

We got ours a few days ago. March 8th sounds about right.

And yes, it IS an illegal TAX!

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by allen.
    gagacabin
    Participant

Got ours in the mail yesterday. $117.33

Laura
    Participant

OOOPS! Wrong link. You can sign up for the newsletters here:

http://firetaxprotest.org/?page_id=54

tortuga
    Participant

We’ve owned for a year and a half and still no notice of a fire tax/fee. We get our property tax bills just fine (note to self, pay 2nd installment!), but no fire bill yet.

Laura
    Participant

I asked that exact question of our CPA this past Wednesday. Since the initial ruling in the case is that it is a “fee”, not a tax, then we are not allowed to deduct it on our 2013 tax return. However, the ruling is being appealed by the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association. So, if in the future it is deemed a “tax”, we might get it back (if you file the Petition for Redetermination) or if we don’t get it back, then we can claim a deduction. Here is the link to one of the Howard Jarvis’ recent newsletters:

us-mg204.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&retry_ssl=1

Skip
    Participant

Can this be deducted from our income tax?

rswheeler1
    Participant

I got my bill on Saturday, March 8. Can’t wait to pay it!!! Property tax due, income tax due. What a treat!

jr.
    Participant

OK, folks, bills are now mailed alphabetically, and that is why the Calaveras is due earlier than other counties. ***! And, it is a tax.

jr.
    Participant

Has anynone else received their fire tax bill? I have 3 properties that get the tax, but the one in Calaveras is the only one I have recieved. Could this be an error? I know it’s not officially a tax, but the state could be a little less transparent by not having it due the same month as the proerty tax!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.