FIRE INSURANCE

Home Forums Feature Requests & Bug Reports FIRE INSURANCE

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Shoshoneeeee
    Participant

Also with Foremost after Allstate dumped me a couple of years ago because I have a tree with in 20′ of my cabin. I asked the inspector how many cabins he’d passed and he said none in the last 6 months. I later dropped all of my other Allstate policies and ended over 15 years of patronage with them.

Dacmill
    Participant

We are with Foremost Insurance, through Mark Twain Insurance in Angels Camp.

caleach
    Participant

We use State Farm for Home/Auto/Life and they wrote a policy for our place in BTV when we built it. I have periodically reviewed the level of coverage to make sure that the cost to rebuild takes into account the current cost per square foot that most builders seem to be getting. The overall cost has been relatively stable since we first started 11 years ago.

allen
    Participant

One thread started, no replies and caps lock on. Hummm, makes you wonder about FRANKTABBAH…….

jr.
    Participant

I just renewed with Farmers this week. This is a special form policy with an ala carte type selection, not their “Next Generation” policies with everything you don’t need. Their rates went up about $100 this year because of “the fire”, but it was still less than $70 per month. I called Liberty Mutual, who I have a policy for home #1 and auto, and their rates were almost double that. Liberty Mutual rated the rebuild cost at over $100,000 more.

cmon4day
    Participant

Dont cancel your insurance policy until you can confirm that another insurance agency will issue you a policy. I looked into it last year and Dorrington is in a high fire hazard area. Because of this, three companies will not issue a policy. In fact, one agent said do not cancel your policy. If you have a policy, an insurance company cannot drop you. If you cancel, you’ll never get it back.

David4305
    Participant

We have CSAA (triple A) bundled with our cars and primary house.

DeeBee
    Participant

I have Liberty Mutual

allen
    Participant

We have State Farm.

FRANKTABBAH
    Participant

I WANT TO CHANGE INSURANCE COMPANIES, WHO WILL INSURE IN THIS AREA?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.