Dead Hawk

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Dead Hawk

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    allen
    Participant

You can report a dead bird online here:

http://www.westnile.ca.gov/report_wnv.php

I think I would report it just to be safe.

dhumph
    Participant

We’ve never seen a hawk up here, either We were able to identify it as a Cooper’s Hawk. We have had 4 birds fly into the windows over the 11 years we’ve been here, but no hawks. We were concerned if it might have been diseased…

caleach
    Participant

I am actually surprised that a hawk would be in the woods so to speak since they seem to like hanging out at a height and scanning open ground for food. I wonder if there was something else going on that led this bird in there? I have seen more hawks around, along the highway, light poles at shopping centers, telephone wires, etc.

JohnM
    Participant

We’ve had several birds fly into our 2nd story widow. The window is ~ 4’H x 3’W. During the day the window ‘mirrors’ the sky and the birds think the window is a continuation of the sky. Our solution was to place a wind sock in front of the window. The sock is a multi-colored fish design that looks attractive and, so far, has kept birds from flying into the window. The windsock was purchased from Amazon: “In the Breeze 60″ Rainbow Scales Fish Windsock”. Cost was ~ $20.

JohnM

rswheeler1
    Participant

We’ve never had a hawk fly into a window, but we did have a band-tailed pigeon do it. It left a perfect image on the window.

dhumph
    Participant

Woke up this AM and discovered a dead hawk on the backside of our cabin. The body doesn’t look as if it’s been attacked. It is about 5 feet from the cabin and directly across from a window. Has anyone else had a hawk fly into a window? We are concerned about disease? We’ve had some smaller birds hit a window but not something this big.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.