Culvert Plugged

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Culvert Plugged

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ejgurt1
    Participant

our culvert is totally clogged with dirt, rocks etc… i just received this message from the county…
    Good morning,
    The culverts under driveways are the property owners responsibility. Per Calaveras County Code 12.08.310 (B), the property owner is responsible for maintaining the area affected by the encroachment, including culvert maintenance.
    does anyone know who can clean out a culvert?

allen
    Participant

I was here when they came by a couple of years ago. I had recently dug out a ditch in front because I needed the dirt in the back where I built a small retaining wall. We were leaving just before they got to our place but I assumed they would go ahead and remove more dirt like they were doing on the rest of the lots. I guess they thought I had mine like I wanted it and they didn’t remove any more dirt, nor did they flush out our culvert. I guess I should have called the county back then.

chipmunk
    Participant

County was on your circle 2 years ago cleaning culverts and drainage work. I talked to county foreman just before your home when they flushed their culvert on Jibway the county filled my less than 30 day old culvert 1/2 full with silt. And asked the County to come back by to flush my driveway culvert out. They did without hesitation.

allen
    Participant

I tried a fire hose connected to the fire hydrant but the water just backed up. The county came a few years ago here too, but I don’t think they cleaned out every culvert. I’m thinking there might be some big rocks in it. 🙁

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Yes, a few years ago the county came along with a water truck and washed out culverts along our street (Kenshaw). I had already dug out both ends and had started cleaning out the culvert using a length of PVC pipe with a hose fittings and a nozzle on the end. It would have taken my hours to accomplish what they did in minutes!
    I’d guess that the drought may have curtailed use of county water for this activity.

allen
    Participant

Anyone ever had their driveway culvert cleaned out? Ours is plugged up and I can’t clean it out. It’s been that way for a few years now. I can’t figure out what is plugging it up. It’s over 30 feet wide. Is there anyone that does this kind of work? I’m sure it’s on the county’s property but I seriously doubt if they will clean it out. I already tried using fire hydrant and fire hose but this thing is really plugged up!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.