Comcast status?

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Comcast status?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    jebediah jake
    Participant

Everything is back on in the area of Ottawa/Crow. Nest thermostat and Arlo cameras all came back on without issue. I have a battery backup for the Comcast router and the camera base station. It can generally run a day or so, but not 4-5 like this time.

tortuga
    Participant

It took 3 hours for our furnace to get the cabin back up to 45* and it’s been running 15 minutes every hour to keep it at 45*. bbbrrrr!

RoostingBarbara
    Participant

Our webcams came back up at north end of murriettas roost a little after 6. Now hoping the heater kicks on! This is the side deck taken last Thursday and tonight.

Attachments:
    NorCal311
    Participant

I am at Meko and my power and Comcast is up. Looks like it was a little before 3:00PM today. My cameras and weather station are back working.

Cameras
    http://theplace.likescandy.com:32001/jpegpull.htm

Weather station
    https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCACAMPC2#history

-Brian

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by NorCal311.
    tortuga
    Participant

Power and comcast are back at Shoshone/Natchez!

caleach
    Participant

I had Sandi from Sierra Sentry check on our place and it appears that the Comcast cable coming into the house has snapped. I just put a call into Comcast to schedule a repair.

Sierrashoo
    Participant

Having ridden out an 11 day outage on the East Coast some years ago; here’s the deal. Comcast can’t define outages when there’s no power to your modem. So until you have power restored they have no way to help you. Those of you who have Verizon, you have some ability to “report” an outage. But the rest of us will need to be patient.

Granite
    Participant

Comcast tv and internet came on with the power a short time ago for us.We are close to Sierra Parkway and Indian Rock.

cmice
    Participant

I had a similar exchange. Problem is not with our gear.

I think because it’s a small community, there’s not enough customers to trigger the “outage alert” with comcast. As enough people call and schedule tech visits – at some point, the penny will drop and they’ll realize there’s an outage.

I’m going to wait for PGE tho as I keep getting power up/down/up/down notices. So even if the house has power, doesn’t mean the comcast cabinets have power.

bwirwin
    Participant

Our place is near the intersection of Meko and Shoshone. We just came home last night and the power was still out when we left. We were running a generator and had a Comcast connection until about noon on Saturday. I called Comcast and they said there were no repoerted outages in the area and tested our connection. The tech said our modem was offline and suggested it was an equipment failure and said we needed to take our modem in and exchange it. Sounds like he’s wrong and there’s an outage they haven’t identified yet.

caleach
    Participant

I a on Karock, down at the bottom and keep getting texts from PG&E delaying the restoration of power. It’s now slated for 5PM today. Must be pretty bad up there.

craig
    Participant

My place is near the intersection of Wikami and Kenshaw and I am experiencing the same issue – PG&E website says no power outage, but I am unable to connect to my cameras or thermostat. I also tried to call my cabin and it rang and rang, but the answering machine did not pick up. I have a feeling the power is still out.

gagacabin
    Participant

I am in the 3000 block of Shoshone. I also got a text saying PG&E is back on. We have 2 Nest cameras and as of right now they are both still down. Hope to find them both running in the morning.

sasha
    Participant

When I was there on Saturday (on Chumash) our Comcast went out. I called them and they didn’t have any reports of outages, but said snow on the lines was probably the cause. I left as soon as our driveway was plowed and didn’t get around to trying to clear the snow off the cable.

jsenteno
    Participant

Our place is on Shoshone Dr by Sierra Parkway closest to Highway 4. I have the same issue where I can’t connect to Nest or Locks so I am wondering if Comcast is up and running? Any full timers having an issue with Comcast?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.