Comcast internet problems?

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Comcast internet problems?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    craig
    Participant

I wanted to close the loop on this post. Thanks to others for sharing your experiences. Mine was similar. Tech came out this morning and said a filter had been applied which was what was causing the outage. He fixed it, plus cleaned up the mess of wires and splitters going into the house. He even added a signal amplifier. All at no charge. It’s annoying that Comcast caused this problem in the first place, but the tech (Dave – Arnold local) was very helpful and thorough and fixed everything in about an hour.

mikeanello
    Participant

I live on Hoopa and my Cable/Internet has been out since Feb 26. I had a note on my door about a signal disruption. I just got it fixed by Comcast this last week.They claimed I had loose cables inside my house. My house is empty and it has been since Christmas. No one has touched the cables since I hooked it up 2 years ago. It is a nightmare dealing with Comcast.

rswheeler1
    Participant

I got up there Friday PM, and found a note on my door from Xfinity aka Comcast. My internet was done. A tech came on Saturday morning and fixed the problem that was caused by some type of filter (he said) on the power pole. It took him about 20 minutes to fix it. I’m on Hoopa Circle.
    Scott

craig
    Participant

Follow up to my original post: Craig was just outside and noticed the cable box has been accessed. Is anyone aware of Comcast working on cables/service in the area? Thank you!

craig
    Participant

I am writing this on behalf of my husband who arrived at our cabin on Wikami yesterday to find that the internet is down (TV/Cable are working so we are getting some signal). He called Comcast who did some trouble shooting and suspects we have a failed modem. He questions this because the modem is less than 6 months old. Also, he is unable to connect to the local Xfinity wi-fi hotspot which seems to be a strange coincidence.

Has anyone else experienced similar or other internet issues recently?

If you are in the area and have connection through Comcast/Xfinity we would appreciate a quick reply so that we know it is working for some.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.