Chain Saw

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Chain Saw

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    allen
    Participant

Bought my 28 inch Stihl at Guy’s Saw Center several years ago on Highway 88. They are well known in the area and I still buy new chains from them. I’m not sure about Ebbetts Pass Lumber but I would give them a try before driving over to Guy’s Saw Center. There used to be a place down the hill called “Terry’s” that worked on all kinds of stuff, but they are gone now.

phabib
    Participant

I bought a snowblower that hadn’t run in years and still ran like crap after putting in clean fresh gas and carb/injector cleaner. I figured a carb overhaul was in my future and those things scare me. As a last resort figuring I had nothing to lose, I bought some stuff at Home Depot called Mechanic In a Bottle. It claimed it could raise engines from the dead. I followed directions and let it sit and do its work overnight. The next day, the engine ran fine and continues to after 3-4 years. I think for about $4, its well worth a try for the chainsaw.

cmon4day
    Participant

Did the saw run well on the last use? If so, dump the old gas, get fresh 91 octane and mix with a good quality two stroke oil at 50:1, change the plug if fouled, clean the air cleaner. If you do these things it should run again.

Let us know.

jibwaylarry
    Participant

A couple months ago, I asked the Stihl guys at Arnold Ace to sort out my chain saw with running issues. Great results! I walked into the store with it, walked out 20 minutes later with a fixed saw. No charge! Later, they did a great job sharpening 4 chains for me. Couldn’t be happier. I think the Stihl guys at ACE are working hard to build the clientele, and it’s paying off. Nice selection of Stihl tools, too, but be ready for a shock if you haven’t seen the Stihl prices lately. Wow!
    Larry

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by jibwaylarry.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by jibwaylarry.
    Dogwood
    Participant

If you are handy with engines you can flush out the carburetor with cleaner and clean the spark plug. That should do it. When two cycle gas sits it evaporates leaving the petroleum oils behind to concentrate and plug the engine. I once revived a chainsaw by opening the jets and pouring fresh gas down the air cleaner to get the junk out. Good luck.

lostbruce
    Participant

I think Arnold rental can do repairs. They have sharpened a chain for me before when I was too lazy to do it myself. Seemed like a place that would handle these kind of repairs. The guy was very nice, sorry can’t remember his name.

mtndad
    Participant

I had BestRide Ever repair my generator and did an excellent job. Not sure he is still around.

Jodie Clint, Best Ride Ever, 795-0735. He does come you.

Since Ace is a Stihl dealer, they should be able to repair your chainsaw.

caleach
    Participant

I remember going to the spots that’s also the antique store in Angels but there was also Pete’s Ammo and saw, but for some reason thought that he is no longer with us. That’s a shame because he did the best work ever.

There’s another guy that helped with with my snow blower last winter and I think there name was Steve’s ultimate ride. Pretty much a handyman but seemed to know his way around small engines.

Snowshoe1958
    Participant

We have a project coming up, and our Stihl chainsaw will not run. Couple of years of inactivity. Ebbetts Pass Lumber is listed as a Stihl repair site, are they any good? I think I remember a repair shop in Avery, but I cant find any information on the WEB.
    Any recommendations for a local repair?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.