Cabin insurance that includes fire

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Cabin insurance that includes fire

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chainsawcindy1
    Participant

Because we didn’t want to pay more than 3 times what we paid last year, we ended up having to get a split plan….California Fair Plan and Travellers for contents, etc. Local agent Carol Mikalec 209-200-1901. I cannot say enough good things about her, very helpful and knowledgeable about what is happening with all the cancellations and rate increases.

JohnM
    Participant

Our houses in Santa Clara and Arnold are both insured by The Hartford via our AARP membership for over ten years. If you are an AARP member (their annual membership is very reasonable) I’d ask for a quote. The Hartford also covers our two cars.

rswheeler1
    Participant

We got the same letter from AAA, so we did quite a bit of research. We’re going with USAA for both cars and both homes. We save money by bundling. USAA is VERY serious about security. 1-800-531-8722. I think you have to be a veteran, which I am, to become a member.

Don’t bother checking with Heffernan. Too expensive. Einhorn is another reasonable choice.

Good luck.
    Scott

abicat
    Participant

Has anyone else had the fire portion of their insurance cancelled? My AAA policy just dropped for 2019, the following: Fire, Wind Hail, Explosion, Riot, Aircraft, Vehicles, Smoke, Volcanic Eruption, or vandalism, Loss of use, etc. Any suggestions of what insurance companies are currently covering these items?
    C

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.