browning trees

Home Forums BigTrees Talk browning trees

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Now I remember.  Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is the Ramsey fire at Gann's Meadow what you're seeing? That fire started I believe a year ago yesterday. Here's a link to an article about that fire with a map included of the burn zone:

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/1746076/Ramsey-Fire-Acreage-Lowered.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

What caused a group of trees on the way up to Lake Alpine to brown?

Anonymous
    Inactive

We use an impulse sprinkler and let it run the entire time we visit. Still have not gone past our minimum water bill.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I do something similar.  I put a hose on dribble and let it run all night.  I move it the next morning and again that night.  I still stay at an average daily use of 2 gal.
              Scott on Hoopa Circle

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dry winters and annual raking of Pine needles takes its toll on the trees.

Every year when you rake Pine needles you expose damp earth that usually dries out within a few days. If the needles were left on the ground, it would be much more healthy for the trees but it would also increase our fire danger.

I place soaker hoses under the drip lines of our trees during August, September and October every time we come to our cabin. I move the hoses around to different locations for each watering.

It's good for the trees and we still stay within our minimum water usage fees.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Not surprising given how little snow we got this year.  Hopefully (for the trees anyway) we'll have a cold, deep, long winter this year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel like our pines and cedars are browner than prior years and dropping more needles.  Should I run the hose and get my monies worth out of my minimum water usage fees?  Or is my memory just greener than late summer's fatigue?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.