BigTreesTech Update

Home Forums BigTrees Talk BigTreesTech Update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

UPDATE #2 4/1/2020
    Managed to get everything working again, I think.
    I Also finally managed to go through all the new user requests. If you put in a request, check your email.

UPDATE 4/1/2020…no joke.
    We finally got Comcast internet back late this morning. Still working on getting things working again. Almost there.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

UPDATE 4/1/2020…no joke.
    We finally got Comcast internet back late this morning. Still working on getting things working again. Almost there.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

UPDATE 2 3/29/2020
    FYI, site/user administration is more difficult and time consuming when having to use somewhat spotty verizon hotspot in place of Comcast WiFi internet. Hence, I have been putting off new user request administration until we get Comcast service. If they are unable to restore service this coming Wednesday, I will bite the bullet and work through the requests as best I can. Be aware that I get about 100:1 spammer requests so it is quite time consuming.

@skipamy
    we are at the corner of Kenshaw and Wikami.

skipamy
    Participant

Thanks for today’s update Joe. What part of BTV do you live in?

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

UPDATE: 3/29/2020
    ATT and Comcast were out in force yesterday. They got all their lines in our part of BTV out of the trees and back onto poles. Service was restored to most of the neighborhood but unfortunately, not to our place. A technician for Comcast is suppose to check our service on Wednesday 4/1. So, as of now, that is the earliest that weather station and real time snapshots can be restored to BigTreesTech.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Just another brief update on BigTreesTech as of 3/27/2020 @ 6:05am.
    We still have no ATT phone or Comcast, hence, no updates from the weather station or cameras are possible. As far as I know there is not an estimated restoration date for our services at this time.
    We do have power, good Verizon coverage, are well stocked for the time being and are healthy so on a personal level we are great.
    Stay healthy, stay safe, stay home,
    joe

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Still no ATT landline or Comcast at our place. All our utilities were put underground when the place was built back in 81’. The pole that they come from is across the street on Wikami. That pole broke off half way down sometime early morning on 3/16 when the top of a nearby tree snapped off and came crashing down on the lines.
    A couple days ago PGE replaced the pole and transformer and restrung power lines but they did not reattach the Comcast or ATT lines and in fact, left the junction boxes tied up in a tree on the other side of the road from the pole. Now, having gotten a few more inches of snow and more to come, I suspect we’ll be without Comcast and ATT for awhile longer.

carlshome
    Participant

I agree with Kenshawnewby. Thanks Joe for keeping this valuable website running.

Regarding AT&T land line. I’m near the intersection of the end of Sierra Parkway and the end of Indian Rock. Our land line is working now and has been working since the beginning of storm with the exception of one day. And amazingly, my land line works even though the big AT&T cable is hanging down close to the ground on several places along Sierra Parkway due to several snapped power poles. It is a testament to the old Ma Bell engineers of a century ago who designed a simple and resilient system.

kenshawnewby
    Participant

Joe,
    Thanks for the update and your continued commitment to keep this site up and running. It is a valuable resource for all of us.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

On Sunday, 3/15/2020, at around 11:30 in the morning, we lost power, Comcast, and ATT landline in our area of Big Trees Village. Not long after that, Verizon cellular went out as well. The storm kept dumping heavy wet snow and by Monday we had snapped power poles and down power lines all over our area. For more description see the “Dorrington is a mess” thread.
    Power was finally restored in our area of BTV yesterday morning, 3/23/2020. However, we still have no Comcast internet nor ATT landline. ATT has said they hop to restore service tomorrow so hopefully, Comcast will come on around the same time.
    The weather and camera data used on BigTreesTech rely on a high speed internet connection so hopefully, those components of the site will be back on line soon. In the mean time you can continue to use the forum and other links on the page.
    One last thing… it is much more difficult to administer the site using a mobile device and impossible without good interconnection so that will also have to wait a bit longer.
    Stay safe and stay healthy,
    Joe

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.