BigTreesTech Future

Home Forums Web Site BigTreesTech Future

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    lawver
    Participant

Thank you for all the hard work and vision of our community

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

At some point, not imminent but not in the distant future either, I am going to want to hand over the bigtreestech torch. The original webmaster ran it for about seven years and I think I’ve run it now for about twelve years.
    When I took it over, while I did have some computer programming background, I knew nothing about the web or hosting a website. It was a very steep learning curve and I spent many long days and nights learning what I needed to get the site running and evolving.

When I’m ready to hand it over, the recipient will have to use their own hardware and develop their own website (I can help some if help is wanted). I will donate the two PTZ cameras if they are wanted by the new webmaster as they were paid for by donations from BTT members. However, the new webmaster will have to figure out their own means to get the images from the cameras to the website (though I can describe how I do it and provide source code).

If anyone is interested, get in touch and I can describe how the current site works (most of the time). If possible, I would like to see BTT continue with little or no interruption but at some point (certainly after winter) I am going to walk away from it.
    all the best,
    joe
    joe at bigtreestech dot com

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.