Bear Valley Skiing

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Bear Valley Skiing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Home_Sweet_Dome
    Participant

Likewise, we’ve been skiing 6 days this year….any day skiing is better than your best day working….go enjoy….but this picture would bring even more excitement to the 155 mile drive up to BV for us….what about y’all?

Attachments:
    lostbruce
    Participant

Definitely terrain is limited. While I would prefer grizzly bowl, what they have open is fun. I have been up 5 times and enjoyed each trip.

pleinair47
    Participant

I’ve been up there tons this season. The snow making and grooming crew are doing a great job so far! Cub and Supercub are great for beginners.Great conditions for the beginners on the green runs! Plus, there aren’t many people. I agree with woodboatguy, Moke West does get a little old for the intermediate skier.

woodboatguy
    Participant

I’ve skied up there 5 times so far, the last time being Thursday the 23rd. The mostly man made snow on Moke West is good and seems to hold up well. Unless I’m skiing with someone, I get a little bored after about 10 runs. I think Cub Meadow would be good for the kids. Hopefully some real snow later in the week.

craig
    Participant

Despite drought, skiing still great in Tahoe

http://blog.sfgate.com/ski/2014/01/20/tahoe-hot-flash/#19817101=0

craig
    Participant

Has anyone skied at Bear Valley recently? I know they are open with man made snow and very limited terrain. I have 2 young kids who would only ski Cub and Super Cub anyway, so I’m considering giving it a try. Would like to hear of anyone else’s recent experience.

While it doesn’t pertain to Bear Valley, I thought the article below was interesting (and encouraging):

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.