AT&T

Home Forums BigTrees Talk AT&T

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sumac6996
    Participant

Ditto on the mess and lawn damage left by PG&E’s contracted tree service.
    The PG&E’s service area is divided into eight Vegetation Management Areas. Each is staffed with Program Managers and Foresters whose responsibilities are to oversee and manage the trimming of vegetation. To download the district map & contact numbers (PDF 78KB) and see who is responsible for hiring tree services in your district, go to:
    http://www.pge.com/mybusiness/customerservice/otherrequests/treetrimming/tree/pgecontractors/
    They need to know if corners are being cut. Ultimately, we end up paying for it.

allen
    Participant

Three things have been going on. First, AT&T did some kind of maintenance or upgrade at every telephone pole. If they couldn’t get to their box, they cut branches away and left them on the ground. Second, the county has been around clearing next to the roads and also cleaning the ditches with a grader and tractor so water can run between and through the culverts. Third, PG&E subcontractors are cutting down and trimming trees that need it. If the mess I’m referring to is still there Monday, I’m going to call the county and let them sort it out.

hangtree23
    Participant

We were up last weekend and someone (ATT) cleared all shrubs and a few trees within 6-8 ft.of the road on the 2 lots we own. We have been intending to take care of it for years, and we were surprised and very happy that the clearing took place. All debris was removed, except the wood, which was cut into useable logs and stacked. No complaints here!

Skip
    Participant

I think they left the mess because it is an empty lot. We have even contacted the fire dept. about the potential hazard with all of the dead wood. I wish the owner would at least clean the lot like I am required to do.

everik
    Participant

When we were up last (Labor Day weekend) we walked around Hokan Circle and commented about how nice the trimming and hill-side clearing had been done. I assumed it was the county (was surprised, though), but maybe it was PG&E. We didn’t see any piles. Was there additional cutting in the area since then?

tortuga
    Participant

When PG&E felled a couple trees by us early summer they took all branches and left us a huge pile of 16″ rounds (by arrangement) for chopping. No complaints.

Must have been a different crew this fall!

Skip
    Participant

PG&E left a huge mess in the empty lot next to us. Giant piles of branches as well as the large trunks. Don’t buy the 4″ bit either. Based on the pile they left, they took nothing.

Flyfishr
    Participant

I got a notice from PG&E at the beginning of this month that they would be trimming / topping some trees, and that all branches greater than 4″ in diameter would be left on the property. I have not been back up in the past couple of weeks, so I’m not sure what was left behind.

allen
    Participant

I’m pretty sure it was AT&T. PG&E is doing some tree cutting now but they always clean up their mess. When AT&T was doing their work, they cut branches out of the way to access some of their boxes. They never came back and cleaned up the branches they cut.

WillyC
    Participant

Was it AT&T or PG&E? I was up a few times in the last month and saw PG&E doing some tree triming and leaving piles of branches along side the road, and those piles are still there (Hokan Circle). I may call PG&E on Friday.

allen
    Participant

Earlier this summer AT&T was doing something to their boxes at each telephone pole. Probably some kind of maintenance; not really sure. The problem was when there were too many tree branches in the way they cut them down and left the mess on the side of the road. There’s a couple of poles where we are that have a large pile of dried branches left by AT&T. Anyone else notice this problem? I’m thinking about calling AT&T so they can clean up their mess.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.