Air traffic over Big Trees

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Air traffic over Big Trees

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    everik
    Participant

Thanks mtndad! I knew someone up here would know the right resources to look up. Sounds like our local fire resources are doing a great job at keeping us safe. My hat’s off to them!

mtndad
    Participant

From Pine Tree.net

Dorrington, CA….We just checked in with TCU Command and air and ground resources are on scene of a two acre fire near Airola Ranch. More to follow if needed. Hopefully not….Update…forward progress was stopped and crews will be on scene for awhile to make sure it is controlled. Great work everyone. Handling this fire were a mixture of Federal and State resources. From what we have observed this year so far that even fires in USFS areas are being jumped early and hard similar to SRA or state responsibility area. Looks like lessons from the Rim Fire have been put into place.

jandm
    Participant

We’re wondering the same? No news/info posted any where yet? Always a scary sound up here.

chipmunk
    Participant

Fingers our crossed! I hear CalFire planes to.

everik
    Participant

Lot’s of CalFire air traffic over Big Trees now (at least one helo, and two different fixed wing). Anyone have any idea what’s going on? No info currently on the CalFire incident website. No sound of sirens on highway 4, nor any noise from the Dorrington ranger station.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.