Air Quality?

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Air Quality?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SnowShoe
    Participant

Well, it looks like AirNow literally just added local sensors via a pilot project. So, now they cover BTV/Arnold.

SnowShoe
    Participant

I was also curious about the AirNow reading and if you go to the map on the website version (not available in their iPhone app) there are no local sensors anywhere nearby BTV so I don’t think their air quality reporting is useful. I think PurpleAir has local sensors.

bchank
    Participant

There is an article on page 1 of today’s SF Chronicle that goes into detail about the differences between AirNow and PurpleAir. It seems that one may give low readings and the other high ones (and don’t trust your nose). That may explain the wide discrepancies I’ve seen between my Iphone weather app and purpleair. I guess we just have to split the difference. I’m ready to head to the mountains and trust that the benefits to my mental health will offset any respiratory risks.

rswheeler1
    Participant

I’ve been using airnow.gov for current air quality info. It seems pretty good and accurate.
    Scott

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Yes, I’d guess that it has been consistently unhealthy but yesterday morning was really bad!
    This morning it was clear enough that I went back to taking a morning walk.

bchank
    Participant

I have been following it on purpleair.com for the past week or so and it seems like all of the sensors along the hwy. 4 corridor from Murphys on up to Bear have consistently been in the unhealthy category (100 – 150+ aqi). Does that reflect what you’ve been experiencing locally?

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

It’s been pretty good up until this morning. It was really bad this morning. It’s still smokey but not as bad as it was earlier.

ndamico
    Participant

hows the air quality lately?

DER8391
    Participant

You can always check an accurate live Air Quality sensor at purpleair.com There are 2 homeowners in the area that have sensors installed and live data. I will be installing one very soon, its a great resource.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Air quality in BTV is quite good this morning. Change in wind could change that though.

bchank
    Participant

Just checking to see how the air quality is today? Any better than the Bay Area?

Dogwood
    Participant

Awesome thank you for the report. I hope to be there soon.

fishinfool
    Participant

Air quality here is wonderful and fresh. We came up after being evacuated from the Atlas fire and the fresh mountain air and the early fall colors are exactly what we needed.

Dogwood
    Participant

Hello All,
    How is the air lately? I see reports of a fire in West Point that is 70% contained.
    Thankss

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.